Wednesday, December 28, 2005

An End of a Beginning

For many years now I have promised myself I would make time to blog or journal or whatever. I finally took the step to reserve a spot this summer. As of this writing I am still messing with the template and look of the page and have not done any blogging. It is time for the end of the beginning.

I will continue to improve and modify the look. I despise fixed-width web experiences. I understand and agree with many of the objections put forward in the web design community over the great fixed versus liquid layout debate. Nevertheless, I refuse to fall to the side which insists on wasting the capacity of my monitors.

I have wrestled long and hard over this. This will not be a journal. My most secret thoughts and hidden desires will not find their way to this forum. Instead, this will be a place to air the concepts and rants which seem significant to me, if no one else. Those topics which my friends and family say, “Enough already!” will post here. This will be for things that make me go: hmm. I expect it will be random and raving. I will not promise it will be of interest to anyone beyond myself.

So be forewarned: The olfactory disturbance you detect is the smell of my gears grinding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home