Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Anti-Christ Strikes Again

My most incredibly significant other calls him the anti-christ. She makes some very interesting, valid points. Sometimes I think she is only joking.

Imagine my dismay when I heard just after midnight this morning the anti-christ and his wife are sharing Time Magazine's Person of the Year award with Bono. Just gag me now.

The report said he had mentioned for a long time giving his money away. The interesting part for me is I do not remember him making any significant donations until the feds came investigating. Each of his major contributions thereafter seemed calculated, timed for maximum impact. I remember reading that his company had made the largest single software donation ever. Then I found out they exceeded the mark by counting their merchandise at retail value when everyone else had counted their charitable products at wholesale value.

Little stuff like that has always bugged me.

It does not take much web surfing to find articles discussing this "altruism." Many just consider this kind of article sour grapes.

To the best of my ability to discern, however, this person has ruthlessly crushed any and all opposition, with seemingly no regard for ethics and only enough respect for the law to keep actual jailtime at bay. He is well known for throwing tantrums when he does not get what he wants. He apparently has no qualms telling authorities one thing while telling others the exact opposite on the sly.

I am supposed to believe a person with characteristics such as these is the year's greatest philanthropist?

Whatever.

My girl tells me it is all part of the master plan. The geek persona is only a cover. A ploy to dupe the world while proceeding with world domination. Seeing how many have bought it so far, she seems more on track than the rubes at Time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home